Microsoft recently announced at the WorldWide Partner Conference (WPC 2011), a number of new exciting features in Windows 8. Windows 8 will be packed with over 100 new features. Some of key Hyper-V 3.0 features will include the following enhancements:
- (Non-Uniform Memory Access) NUMA – Cores Per Node, Memory Per Node and Nodes Per Processor Socket
- Router Guard
- DHCP Guard
- New VHDX format
- Support for more than 2TB VHD’s – up to 16TB !
- Virtual Fibre Channel Adapter
- Storage Resource Pools
- Support for more than 4 Virtual CPU’s
- Ability to replicate Hyper-V Virtual Machines asynchronously within the same site or over to another physical site over the wire. The options are endless, and the possibility to create replicas in the Cloud.
- Hyper-V Replica works with any hardware vendor, storage vendor and any nework vendor.
- Microsoft’s next steps may include Hyper-V Replica options with the Windows Azure Platform
Windows 8 Client
- There are rumours that Hyper-V 3.0 may also be built into the Windows 8 client. If this is the case, this is will be an ideal integrator for software development environments.